Who is tired of the same daily routine? What do you do when your days get all too predictable and start sucking the life out of you?
I know when I get stuck in the rigid hold of routine I start getting restless and agitated. That is when I start looking for ways to shake things up and do something different. Sometimes the perfect solution to “Restless Routine Syndrome” is a vacation from your day-to-day.
There are lots of ways to go on vacation–and not all require taking a lot of time off work. Try a new activity, get outside, walk or bike without having any set destination in mind. These are good ways to start if you don’t have the time to go anywhere.
Planning a getaway is another great way to refresh and revitalize your life. For me, these adventures can range anywhere from a day to over a month and usually involve:
- Leaving the city I live in to get a change of scenery (even if it is for another city)
- Exploring–nature, art, culture, language, foods, or a new place
- Spending time with friends or making new friends along the way
- Being active
- And having fun of course!
Here are a few examples of my getaways from 2011:
- Venice Beach “Pretend to Be a Tourist Day”
- LA Redbull Soapbox Races Day
- Newport Beach Weekend
- San Luis Obispo Boating Weekend
- India for a Month
Need some ideas to start some adventures of your own? Let us help! With the Maritime Museum of San Diego you can:
- Go on an Adventure Day Sail aboard the Californian
- Explore Catalina on a 4-day or 7-day Catalina Kayaking Plus Adventure Sail
- Escape to Polynesia on a 14-day Voyage to Paradise
The best part is–it’s all about you–so enjoy what makes you come alive.
What sounds like a fun getaway to you?